complimentary
作者:小雅和英美友人
寒假到了,為幫助帶寶寶出國旅游的家長掌握相關英語,我們寫了這篇文章。我們還寫過坐飛機、坐火車、坐地鐵、上公廁這4篇旅游相關親子英語文章,鏈接見文末。
- 想找前臺要嬰兒床怎么說?
- 房間里沒有電水壺怎么要?
- 暖氣出問題了,想要多加一床被子怎么辦?
閱讀完本文,媽媽可以信心滿滿地帶寶寶出國住酒店,因為這些英語都難不倒你。
Staying at a Hotel 住酒店
I. Arriving at the Hotel
到達酒店
Mom: Good afternoon!
下午好!
We'd like to check in.
我們辦理入住。
The room is booked under the name Smith.
是用Smith這個名字預訂的。
比較一下book、reserve和order這三個詞:
Order:訂,適用于貨物、餐飲等,通常立即付款或貨到付款,一定時間后收到商品。
Reserve:預留,適用于餐廳座位、酒店房間等,不一定需要付款。
Book:預訂,適用于航班、酒店,通常是需要提前付款的。
Hotel Staff: Hi there, sure, let me just check the computer.
酒店員工:您好,沒問題,我查一下電腦。
Hi there通常是服務人員對顧客說的。
Yes, here is your reservation: a double room for 3 nights.
嗯,您預訂的是三晚雙人房。
Double room指雙人房,可能是兩張,也可能是一張床。在美國,沒有和中國的標準間、大床房完全對應的說法,而是通過指明床的數量和種類表達房型,如a double room with two full beds,或者a double room with a queen bed。幾種床的具體大小,詳見:
教寶寶15種床的英文:嬰兒床、上下鋪、小吊床、搖籃
Welcome to our hotel, Mrs. Smith.
歡迎入住我們的酒店,Smith太太。
圖片中酒店前臺這個鈴在中國不是很常見,它的作用是前臺沒人時,你可以按鈴叫工作人員。
I will just need a credit card for the deposit.
麻煩您給我一下信用卡,刷一下押金。
Don't worry.
不要擔心。
No charges will be put onto the card until you check out.
您退房之前信用卡不會產生費用。
We just need an authorization.
我們就是刷一下預授權。
Mom: Okay, here is my credit card.
媽媽:好的,這個是我的信用卡。
Also, I would like to check that there is a crib in the room.
另外我想問一下,我們的房間有嬰兒床,對吧?
Hotel Staff: I see you have requested one so I will have one sent up right away.
酒店員工:我看到您要了一個,那我現在就給您送上去。
Mom: Thank you.
媽媽:謝謝。
What time is breakfast served?
早餐什么時間有?
Hotel Staff: We serve breakfast from 6am to 10am in the hotel restaurant on the ground floor.
酒店員工:早餐是上午6點到10點,在一層的酒店餐廳。
在美式英語里,ground floor和first floor通常意思是一樣的,都指一層。
If you would like room service instead you can fill out the form in your room and leave it outside your door.
如果您想通過客房服務訂餐,可以填寫房間里的表格,然后放在您的門外。
Mom: Do you have a children's menu?
媽媽:你們有兒童菜單嗎?
Hotel Staff: Yes, we offer a children's menu for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
酒店員工:是的,我們早中晚飯都有兒童菜單。
You just need to ask your server for it when you sit down at your table.
您坐下來點菜的時候找服務員要一下就可以了。
Server在這里指waiter或者waitress。
Here are your room keys.
這是您的房卡。
Room key不一定是鑰匙,也可以是卡片。房卡叫room card也可以,但room key更常用。
You are in room 302.
您的房間號是302。
Just take the elevator up to the third floor and follow the signs.
您坐電梯到三層,然后看一下指示牌。
Do you need help with your luggage?
需要幫您拿行李嗎?
Mom: Thank you.
媽媽:謝謝。
Yes, please I will need help with the luggage.
嗯,麻煩幫我拿一下行李。
Luggage trolley 行李車
Hotel Staff: Have a great stay and let us know if you need anything.
酒店員工:祝您入住愉快,有什么需要就告訴我們。
Mom: I have one more question.
媽媽:我還有一個問題。
Is there a kettle in the room?
房間里有電水壺嗎?
Kettle的意思就是用來做水的壺,所以前面不需要加electrical。
I need one to make bottles for the baby.
我需要給寶寶沖奶粉。
亦可用make formula。
Hotel Staff: Yes, there is a kettle and coffee maker with complimentary tea and coffee as well.
酒店員工:是的,有電水壺、咖啡壺,還有免費的茶和咖啡。
看到complimentary這個詞就可以放心用了,它的意思是免費贈送的。
There is also a mini bar with drinks and snacks.
還有一個迷你吧,里面有飲料和零食。
The price list for those items are on top of it.
價目表在商品上面。
Mom: Great, thank you very much.
媽媽:好的,非常感謝。
II. Arriving in the room
進入房間
Mom: Hello, could I have an extra pillow and blankets sent up to room 302 please?
媽媽:喂,你好,能給302房間加一個枕頭和一床被子嗎?
Hotel Staff: Of course, I will have them sent up right away.
酒店員工:沒問題,現在就給您送上去。
Mom: Thank you.
媽媽:謝謝。
Could you also send someone up to look at the heater?
您能再派人上來看看暖氣嗎?
It seems very cold in the room.
房間里好像特別冷。
Hotel Staff: No problem, they will be up as soon as they can.
酒店員工:沒問題,他們會盡快過來。
Mom: Thank you.
媽媽:謝謝。
III. Checking out
退房
Mom: Good morning.
媽媽:早上好。
I need to check out please.
我要辦理退房。
Room 302.
302房間。
Hotel Staff: Good morning.
酒店員工:早上好。
Sure, would you like to use the credit card you gave me when you checked in to pay?
沒問題,您是用辦理入住時候給我的信用卡付款嗎?
Mom: Yes, please.
媽媽:是的。
Hotel Staff: Okay, you are all checked out.
酒店員工:好的,退房辦好了。
Is there anything else I can help you with today?
還有什么我能幫您的嗎?
Mom: Yes, our flight doesn't leave until tonight.
媽媽:嗯,我們的航班是今天晚上的。
Could we leave our luggage with you while we're out today?
我們今天出去的時候,能在您這兒存一下行李嗎?
存行李,亦可用:
(1) Could you hold our luggage?
(2) Could we check in our luggage here?
Check in僅用于有工作人員在場的情況,存在locker-行李柜里不叫check in。
(3) Could we store our luggage here?
Hotel Staff: Yes, of course you can.
酒店員工:嗯,當然可以。
Let me put some tags on them for you and we will put them behind the desk.
我給您在行李上掛上牌兒,然后把它們放柜臺后面。
Here is a tag for you to give to a member of our staff when you return and they will get your luggage for you.
這個牌兒您回來的時候給我們的工作人員,他們會給您行李。
亦可用staff member。
Mom: Great, thank you very much.
媽媽:好的,非常感謝。
We had a lovely stay here.
我們住得挺好的。
Goodbye.
再見。
微信公眾號:你和寶寶說英語
帶寶寶旅游,您可能會用到的英文:
帶寶寶乘坐國際航班,史上最全英語攻略,從換登機牌到落地取行李
“火車”親子英文全掌握——上篇:帶孩子坐火車
帶寶寶坐地鐵需要說的英文:刷卡、候車、讓座、換地、下車
帶女寶、男寶上”公共廁所“,你會和他說的英文
了解更多